The Subject Matter Expert (SME) will advise and guide a wide variety of Oil & Gas customers, ensuring they launch the ThoughtTrace artificial intelligence platform successfully, adopt it widely, and are continually driving business value from the solution. The SME will engage with some of our largest and most strategic customers, working with stakeholders across all parts of the business and at all levels, to drive increased adoption of ThoughtTrace and to improve the overall quality and maturity of its use.
The SME will be part of the Customer Success organization and will report to the VP of Customer Success. The SME will also work closely with Sales and Marketing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand, articulate and implement best practice solutions specific to Land, Land Admin, Business Development, and/or Operations in the Upstream and Midstream Oil & Gas verticals.
- Provide oversight and guidance for the architecture, development, testing and implementation of the business solution and validate that the final approach satisfies the defined requirements.
- Assist in the creation and review of technical documentation, such as user guides, training manuals and system specifications, prior to distribution to end-users to ensure the subject area is accurately represented.
- Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, project managers, engineers and senior staff members. The nature of the position involves actively participating in multiple work-groups at one time and disseminating information across all levels of the organization.
- Assist with new customer onboarding, customer projects, and process consulting to ensure customer success and retention.
- Perform product demonstrations in a variety of settings, including internal meetings, pre-sales engagements, training sessions and trade shows.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing on Webinars, Conferences, and other industry events.
- Ability to quickly learn multiple software programs such as ThoughtTrace Provision Insights and Document Insights (to an expert level) as well as many internal tools
- Inspire customer loyalty and adoption by being a self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas
- Bachelor's degree preferred, with emphasis in Business, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Minimum of five years of work experience in Upstream Oil & Gas: Land and/or Land Admin, Systems, Consulting.
- Experience with Land systems (P2, Quorum, Enertia, etc.) and AI / Machine Learning are considered extremely beneficial.