Support the team in the delivery of goals and delivery of software solutions through the design of efficient work processes and cross-discipline visibility and alignment. Partner with the Product Owner and other company stakeholders to support product backlog definition / refinement / prioritization. Proactively eliminate barriers and support the teams by listening well and asking questions that lead the team toward solutions in a constructive and collaborative way. Understand the business and organizational needs (both current and future) and provide guidance and advisement on strategies for scaling and improvement.
- Functions as a servant leader, by teaching, mentoring, coaching and facilitating the agile mindset.
- Uses knowledge of supporting agile frameworks to drive continuous improvement.
- Facilitates team’s progress toward the goal and commitments while maintaining cross-functional communication and alignment.
- Facilitates ceremonies including daily stand ups, backlog refinement, sprint planning, team demos & retrospectives.
- Focuses on improving team dynamics, performance & management of conflicts all the while exhibiting lean, agile and Scrum principles in all actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience on a software development team using agile/scrum.
- Experience being a scrum master, experience being part of and leading an Agile team, in particular leading multiple teams and managing dependencies across these teams and with stakeholders across the organization.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred.