ThoughtTrace is a Texas-based software company providing customers a significant competitive advantage using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning to streamline categorization, review, and analysis of contracts, agreements, and other unstructured information. Our cloud-based AI platform reads, interprets, and extracts critical provisions and data elements at the intent, or thought level, providing businesses the ability to apply context to content, replace ambiguity with clarity, and deliver understanding even in the absence of structure. Ultimately this allows companies to quickly perform due diligence as well as take a big picture view of the value and risk associated with large volumes of information. Our mission is to empower people and companies to greater insight and creativity through better access to their most challenging information.
About the Team
At ThoughtTrace, our goal is to give each individual a sense of purpose as he or she helps to achieve the company’s vision. We are looking for smart, passionate people who want to achieve remarkable things. We strive to provide a great culture and driven work environment that encourage personal growth and participation in creating a new and different paradigm for our customers.
As a growing startup, we realize this vision by encouraging teams to interact with each other to gain a more holistic view of our problem space, mentoring one another, organizing social events, reviewing new research as a team to maintain relevance, providing opportunities to interact with end users, and fostering an atmosphere of creativity and ingenuity by encouraging innovative ideas.
We offer a collaborative, passionate, and rewarding work environment with a comprehensive benefits plan, generous PTO, and a highly competitive compensation structure. ThoughtTrace is committed to a positive culture with multiple opportunities to grow. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
What We’re Looking For
Above all else and without exception, we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals who can answer hard and ambiguous problems in creative ways using both their own personal talents and those of the individuals around them. Education, experience, and qualifications are minimum requirements only.
Specifically, we are looking for individuals to fill the role of Data Scientist on our model development team. This team builds the machine learning algorithms that identify and extract valuable information from our client’s legal contracts. The primary responsibilities include:
- Using machine learning and other AI techniques to design, implement, and improve upon strategies to identify and extract important information from documents
- Working closely with business subject matter experts to gain an intimate understanding of both the structure and content of various document types
- Using data science effectively to answer business questions in an applied way
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related.
- Excellent Python development skills
- Experience in the application of Machine Learning to real-world business problems
- Experience in Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing, or related field(s)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passionate, self-motivated, problem solver
- Experience with relational and graph database technologies
- Experience with cloud architectures and devops