Join ThoughtTrace, part of Thomson Reuters
ThoughtTrace, part of Thomson Reuters, empowers legal teams and business users to turn their documents and contracts into decision-driving insights. The ThoughtTrace Document Understanding platform uses pre-trained AI to quickly classify, extract, and analyze the critical information in your documents. ThoughtTrace identifies critical information in seconds, allowing users to move from reactive to proactive – improving outsourcing costs, reducing risk, and acting as a strategic enabler for the business.
Joining the team focused on developing, supporting, marketing, or selling ThoughtTrace is an exciting opportunity to grow the newest product in the Thomson Reuters LegalTech portfolio. Thomson Reuters is continuing to build an open, smart, and connected platform, and ThoughtTrace will enhance the legal technology suite and help customers generate additional efficiencies, streamline workflows, improve accuracy and reduce risk.
About Our Team
Our team is a combination of domain experts, technologists, data scientists, and customer evangelists. We are united in the belief that technology is not a substitute for human ingenuity, but rather a tool that can augment an individual or team’s performance in ways that are truly transformative.
Our goal is to give each individual a sense of purpose as he or she helps to achieve the company’s vision. We are looking for smart, passionate people who want to achieve remarkable things. We strive to provide a great culture and driven work environment that encourages you to grow and be a part of something cutting edge and a true paradigm shift for our customers.
As a growing team, we realize this vision by encouraging teams to interact with each other to gain a more wholistic view of our problem space, mentoring one another, organizing social events, providing opportunities to interact with end users, and fostering an atmosphere of creativity and ingenuity by encouraging innovative ideas.
We offer a collaborative, passionate, and rewarding work environment with a comprehensive benefits plan, generous PTO, and a highly competitive compensation structure. We are committed to a positive culture with multiple opportunities to grow. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
What We’re Looking For
Above all else and without exception, we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals who can answer hard and ambiguous problems in creative ways using both their own personal talents and those of the individuals around them. Education, experience, and qualifications are minimum requirements only. We look for people who are truly different from what we are today and will accelerate us forward in leaps and bounds instead of incremental steps.
Specifically, we are looking for individuals to fill the role of Sr. Data Engineer/Architect within our Platform team. This team is responsible for providing an approachable, stable and performant environment for our multi-tenant cloud application for Document Management and Contract Analytics.
Specifically, we are looking for individuals to fill the role of ML Ops Engineer to join our engineering team and help us develop and maintain various software products.
ML Ops Engineering is responsible for enabling the training, deployment, and runtime of machine learning models and associated services for consumption by internal applications and products.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience writing and optimizing microservices with a focus on scalability and reliability. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Write/refactor code to be efficient, reliable, and scalable
- Work with machine learning teams to define requirements training and inference pipelines
- Support data scientists who are focused on R&D to consider production runtime requirements
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
- 5+ years with Python
- Expertise in at least one popular Python data science framework (scikit, tensorflow, pandas)
- Experience designing, constructing, and hosting API’s
- Experience with microservices architectures (and ideally some experience with Kubernetes)
- Any experience with big data formats such as arrow, parquet, or similar
- Any experience with Rust (or similar) high performance computing language
- Excellent resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- BSc or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant field
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- COVID-19 Response: Currently, as part of our COVID-19 a majority of our employees are working remotely and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines, with the majority of our offices planning to embrace a hybrid work environment consisting of in-office and remote work in 2022.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: work form anywhere (in country); caregiver paid time off, bereavement leave; company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.