ThoughtTrace is a Texas-based software company with offices in Houston and Magnolia providing customers a significant competitive advantage using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning to streamline categorization, review, and analysis of contracts, agreements, and other unstructured information. Our cloud-based AI platform, ThoughtTrace™ reads, interprets, and extracts critical provisions and data elements at the intent, or thought level, providing businesses the ability to apply context to content, replace ambiguity with clarity, and provide understanding even in the absence of structure. Ultimately this allows companies to quickly perform due diligence as well as take a big picture view of the value and risk associated with large volumes of information. Our mission is to empower people and companies to greater insight and creativity through better access to their most challenging information.
ThoughtTrace currently has an opening for a Quality Engineer. We are looking for a self-motivated individual that can assist our team with creating and enhancing commercial software applications. You will be responsible for establishing and evolving industry-accepted best test practices in an Agile and fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate has a good understanding of software testing and the agile development principles. This candidate must be interested in working closely with a small team of technical individuals to produce excellent quality products and implementations while focusing on code re-usability and flexibility.
• The ideal Quality Engineer should have the ability to handle a challenging fast paced environment with a desire and passion to work at the forefront of technology
• Be a senior member of the QA team for multiple product releases with multiple dependencies, acting as a liaison with Engineering teams to ensure delivery of high quality product
• Should be able to effectively plan, define test strategy, provide QA estimates, provide test management and test reporting throughout the testing cycle
• Should be able to understand the technical details of the product(s) and assist Engineering team in trouble shooting issues.
• Should be able to analyze quality of the product before rolling to customers by analyzing and validating defect leakages
• Establish formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
• Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated) related to enterprise software development with ability to deliver on short timelines
• Develop and own comprehensive test case and test data repository – build robust test plans, review test cases for detail and correctness, mentor resources to adhere to Gold standards
• Understand and translate business and technical requirements into automated or manual tests
• Achieve a growing cadence of automation tests with laser focus on quick maintenance and portability to newer code architecture
• Work closely with Developers and DevOps Engineers to create automated tests within a Continuous Integration environment with robust reports
• Ensure test lab environment availability and functional parity/equivalence with the production system environments
• Maintain a high level of situational awareness regarding all activities relevant to meeting project schedules, production system service levels, and providing regular status updates to management and relevant stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
• 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance and/or software development for web/application development projects
• Must have experience creating detailed test plans/test cases that cover all positive and negative scenarios
• Firm understanding of UI Testing, Unit Testing, Load Testing, etc.
• Extensive exposure to Agile testing tools such as Visual Studio or Selenium in a .Net Environment.
• Familiarity with Bitbucket, Git, Stash, Confluence, Jira, Visual Studio
• Strong experience with database testing (SQL/NoSQL)
• Automated testing of Web applications
• Agile development experience (Behavior Driven Development (BDD) / Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Experience working in automated test and continuous deployment environments
• Must have solid communications skills and be comfortable leading meetings as needed
• Must have experience with quality assurance methodologies including functional testing, integration testing, test automation, performance testing etc.
• Excellent team building, resource planning, and resource management skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to quickly identify trends and patterns and ability to identify root causes of problems and candidate solutions along with engineering team
• Demo a project you’ve done – brief project overview and a walk-through of code and reasoning
• Experience with Microsoft Azure, specifically, Service Fabric, Azure SQL Database, Azure Service Bus, Azure Storage, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Web Apps, Azure Search, and Azure Machine Learning.
• Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira, Confluence, Stash, etc.
• Experience in automation testing tools such as Protractor and TestComplete.