ThoughtTrace is a Texas-based software company providing customers a significant competitive advantage using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning to streamline categorization, review, and analysis of contracts, agreements, and other unstructured information. Our cloud-based AI platform, ThoughtTrace, reads, interprets, and extracts critical provisions and data elements at the intent, or thought level, providing businesses the ability to apply context to content, replace ambiguity with clarity, and provide understanding even in the absence of structure. Ultimately this allows companies to quickly perform due diligence as well as take a big picture view of the value and risk associated with large volumes of information. Our mission is to empower people and companies to greater insight and creativity through better access to their most challenging information.
About Our Team
Our team is a combination of domain experts, technologists, data scientists, and customer evangelists. We are united in the belief that technology is not a substitute for human ingenuity, but rather a tool that can augment an individual or team’s performance in ways that are truly transformative.
Our goal is to give each individual a sense of purpose as he or she helps to achieve the company’s vision. We are looking for smart, passionate people who want to achieve remarkable things. We strive to provide a great culture and driven work environment that encourages you to grow and be a part of something cutting edge and a true paradigm shift for our customers.
As a growing startup, we realize this vision by encouraging teams to interact with each other to gain a more holistic view of our problem space, mentoring one another, organizing social events, providing opportunities to interact with end-users, and fostering an atmosphere of creativity and ingenuity by encouraging innovative ideas.
We offer a collaborative, passionate, and rewarding work environment with a comprehensive benefits plan, generous PTO, and a highly competitive compensation structure. ThoughtTrace is committed to a positive culture with multiple opportunities to grow. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
What We’re Looking For
Above all else and without exception, we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals who can answer hard and ambiguous problems in creative ways using both their own personal talents and those of the individuals around them. Education, experience, and qualifications are minimum requirements only. We look for people who are truly different from what we are today and will accelerate us forward in leaps and bounds instead of incremental steps.
Specifically, we are looking for individuals to fill the role of Sr. Data Engineer/Architect within our Platform team. This team is responsible for providing an approachable, stable and performant environment for our multi-tenant cloud application for Document Management and Contract Analytics.
- Independently translate requirements into scoped engineering efforts; provide technical leadership in proposing architectural / implementation ideas to the team for consideration, balancing near term requirements with long term value
- Design, build, maintain, and optimize SQL and noSQL data storage platforms and event-driven data pipelines for both internal and external use.
- Work with internal development teams to design streaming and batch data flows that provide low latency and high reliability
- Implement observability and performance monitoring for critical data systems
- Work effectively within and across multiple development teams through excellent communication and collaboration
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related
- At least 7-10 years of DBA or data engineering experience
- Experience in developing, managing, and manipulating large, complex datasets
- Deep experience with relational database technologies, like Azure SQL, Postgres or MySQL, including writing and optimizing complex queries
- Experience using non-relational database technologies like Cassandra, Dynamo, Athena, Elasticsearch, or Redis
- Well-versed in using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with data ingestion and transformation pipelines, either batch ETL or streaming
- Familiarity with big data streaming technologies like Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, or Spark
- Cloud experience with major CSP’s, ideally Microsoft Azure
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passionate, self-motivated, problem solver
- Proficiency with C#
- Experience working with data-oriented APIs, preferably using GraphQL
- Any experience using graph or semantic database technologies like ArangoDB, Neptune, Stardog, Anzograph, Ontotext, Tiger Graph, DGraph or Neo4J
- Experience applying agile software development methodology and version control (Git) to enterprise data engineering
What We Offer:
We offer a collaborative, fun work environment with a comprehensive benefits plan, generous PTO, and a highly competitive compensation structure. ThoughtTrace is committed to a positive culture with multiple opportunities to grow. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.