ThoughtTrace is a Texas-based software company providing customers a significant competitive advantage using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning to streamline categorization, review, and analysis of contracts, agreements, and other unstructured information. Our cloud-based AI platform, ThoughtTrace, reads, interprets, and extracts critical provisions and data elements at the intent, or thought level, providing businesses the ability to apply context to content, replace ambiguity with clarity, and provide understanding even in the absence of structure. Ultimately this allows companies to quickly perform due diligence as well as take a big picture view of the value and risk associated with large volumes of information. Our mission is to empower people and companies to greater insight and creativity through better access to their most challenging information.
About Our Team
Our team is a combination of domain experts, technologists, data scientists, and customer evangelists. We are united in the belief that technology is not a substitute for human ingenuity, but rather a tool that can augment an individual or team’s performance in ways that are truly transformative.
Our goal is to give each individual a sense of purpose as he or she helps to achieve the company’s vision. We are looking for smart, passionate people who want to achieve remarkable things. We strive to provide a great culture and driven work environment that encourages you to grow and be a part of something cutting edge and a true paradigm shift for our customers.
As a growing startup, we realize this vision by encouraging teams to interact with each other to gain a more wholistic view of our problem space, mentoring one another, organizing social events, providing opportunities to interact with end users, and fostering an atmosphere of creativity and ingenuity by encouraging innovative ideas.
We offer a collaborative, passionate, and rewarding work environment with a comprehensive benefits plan, generous PTO, and a highly competitive compensation structure. ThoughtTrace is committed to a positive culture with multiple opportunities to grow. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
What We’re Looking For
Above all else and without exception, we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals who can answer hard and ambiguous problems in creative ways using both their own personal talents and those of the individuals around them. Education, experience, and qualifications are minimum requirements only. We look for people who are truly different from what we are today and will accelerate us forward in leaps and bounds instead of incremental steps.
Specifically, we are looking for individuals to fill the role of Sr. Software Developer within our application development team. This team is responsible for both the frontend and backend development of our multi-tenant cloud application for Document Management and Contract Analytics.
- Work within a full stack development team to develop multi-tenant cloud based software (client- and server-side applications) with a focus on quality, scalability, and reliability
- Independently translate product requirements into scoped engineering efforts; provide technical leadership in proposing architectural / implementation ideas to the team for consideration, balancing near term requirements with long term value
- Utilize data to make decisions and guide priorities and hold others accountable to the same
- Develop code in accordance with agreed upon best practices; bring your own ideas to the table on additional best practices that could help the team
- Peer review code from other members of the team offering candid, caring, and constructive feedback
- Mentor junior development staff through active listening and pair programming
- Understand and be able to explain practices (such as refactoring, TDD and pair programming) and their benefits so that the team consistently works together with a deep understanding
- Adhere to accepted best practices of SDLC (I.e. gitflow, unit testing, CI/CD, etc.) and act on the principles of Agile/Scrum within the team
- Work effectively within a team through excellent communication and collaboration
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements and estimates
- Participate in the maintenance and debugging of software
- Provide technical expertise to intra-departmental project teams, and other departments for the resolution of complex policy and/or operations issues
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related
- At least 7-10 years of development experience
- At least 5 years of experience developing multi-tenant cloud software
- Experience with object-oriented programming with languages, preferably C# and .NET Core
- Understanding of version control systems, such as Git
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, specifically, Azure SQL Database, Azure Service Bus, Azure Storage, Azure Web Apps, etc. or analogous technologies in AWS or GCP
- Experience with a variety of SQL and No-SQL database technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passionate, self-motivated, problem solver
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience developing in Python or Java
- Experience with Event Sourced architectural patterns